From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse dies after a few minutes
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:58:51
1 On Thursday 20 Mar 2014 15:51:50 Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:08:00 +0800
3 >
4 > Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
5 > > Hi all,
6 > >
7 > > I'm running a 64 bit KDE setup in a laptop. In the last few
8 > >
9 > > days, the mouse has become erratic and in fact dies after a bit of
10 > > usage.
11 >
12 > Check `dmesg` and /var/log/Xorg.0.log for messages, warnings or errors;
13 > they could reveal the underlying reason and/or the source of it.
14
15 Also, before you give up check that the push fit connector between the mouse
16 pad and MoBo has not come apart - I remember some older Compaq laptops that
17 had a habit of coming off. It would somehow coincide with leaving the
18 external mouse at home ...
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick