From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -uD world: another obstacle FIXED
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:18:40
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Saturday 02 February 2008, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> on reflection, it would probably have been easier for maxim to just
5 >>> reinstall the box. But then again he learned a heap of stuff that's
6 >>> hard to learn any other way
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >> Yea, if it breaks again, he's going to have a lot more ammo to work
10 >> with.
13 > Or, in the tried and trusted Unix tradition of 37 years, when he breaks
14 > it himself next time he gets to keep both pieces AND have the glue that
15 > puts them back together :-)
18 Yea but you know we will all help again. :-)
19
20 > Sometimes I find myself deliberately breaking stuff just to see if I can
21 > fix it.
22
23 I break enough by mistake than to do that on purpose.
24
25 > Try this one, it's not as easy as it looks:
26 >
27 > emerge busybox to / on a machine in use without making symlinks
28 > Now emerge something. You get an impressive error message.
32 I'll take your word for it. ;-) Does sound . . . interesting tho. LOL
33
34 Dale
35
37 --