From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3.7.1 SATA errors
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 23:23:22
1 On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM, <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Google does not enlighten me. One suggestion was change the SATA cable, but this is definitely a change from 3.6.10 to 3.7.1.
3
4 I can't find where I read it, but just yesterday I was reading a
5 somewhat recent LKML post which mentioned SATA errors introduced in
6 3.7.x series, especially problems with JMicron controllers (surprise,
7 surprise), but perhaps others as well, and also some new warnings
8 thrown out in the kernel log that didn't used to be there. Sorry I
9 have nothing more than that anecdote...