From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aRTs is driving me nuts!
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:03:03
1 On Monday 26 March 2007 23:34, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 23:06 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > I'm convinced that I am too tired to understand this because I noticed
4 > > I have
5 > > been missing out words in my response (sorry!). Would you mind
6 > > simplifying
7 > > it for me?
8 >
9 > Think about it this way:
10 >
11 > USE flags are to ebuilds as options are to automobiles. Some
12 > automobiles offer all-wheel drive as an option. Some don't offer it as
13 > an option all. And for some (e.g. Subaru) the cars all have all-wheel
14 > drive and it's not an option. Just the same as all-wheel drive (and
15 > brake pads) are not an option on a WRX, arts is apparently not an option
16 > on a noatun.
17 >
18 > The IS 250, BTW, offers AWD as an option. Don't u wish you could
19 >
20 > USE="awd" emerge =cars-lexus/is_250-2007
21
22 LOL!
23
24 Thanks for the explanation - couldn't be clearer. Although I wouldn't go for
25 the lexus myself (too much like MSWindows Vista) and would probably carry on
26 driving my CJ7 instead which has been rebuilt a few times - just like my
27 Gentoo. :-)
30 Regards,
31 Mick