From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dmraid hard masked
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:10:21
1 On 8/27/06, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
2 > Since a few weeks dmraid is hard masked (before it was only testing). The
3 > changelog does not really tell why this change has happened. I have some
4 > hosts using the dmraid package as they are using the onboard Promise
5 > controllers in raid-mode. What are there for alternatives to the dmraid
6 > package that works with my raid controllers?
7
8 As Neil said, the reasons are listed in the package.mask file. Basic
9 problem is that there is no gentoo dev willing to maintain it, and it
10 is buggy, so it will be going away soon.
11
12 If you need it and want to keep it, you should copy the ebuild to your
13 local portage overlay.
14
15 -Richard
16 --