From: Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LifeCam cinema or other webcams
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:30:11
1 Hi,
2
3 Has anyone used the Microsoft LifeCam cinema HD webcam?[1] I know it's
4 from Microsoft, but in my experience their h/w doesn't seem as bad as
5 their s/w!
6
7 I know this question comes up all the time, but if not the LifeCam, what
8 webcam would you recommend? My requirements would be:
9 * decent (for webcam) picture - not too grainy / lowres
10 * usb
11 * preferably not spca drivers, as they seem a bit behind lately
12 * no logitech quickcams, due to their problems with skype
13
14 If any cheaper LifeCams use the same internals, I'd be happy with that -
15 I don't need the flashy look. The cheapest I can find one is AU$89.
16
17 [1]
18 http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/productdetails.aspx?pid=008
19