From: Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several packages failing to build
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 12:31:27
On Monday, May 14, 2018 12:20:01 PM CDT Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
> I'm having an issue with about a dozen packages not upgrading. I'd really > appreciate some help getting them to build and install. I'm getting the > feeling that the problems are somehow related, but really not sure. > > First up: dev-libs/appstream-0.11.5::gentoo > Anyone know what's going on here? This package is blocking at least 5 other > packages from upgrading, and I find the information in the logs only > slightly more helpful than WIndows "Something went wrong" errors. > -- > Elijah Mark Anderson > mark@××××××.name > -- > 「塵も積もれば山となる。」 > "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb
After remembering that I was running emerge with MAKEOPTS="-j9", I was finally able to find the actual error messages. It appears that /usr/include/boost/ spirit/home/qi.hpp went missing, probably during the recent move from my mechanical drive to my solid state drives. Re-emerged dev-libs/boost, and that solved the rest of the failing packages! -- Elijah Mark Anderson mark@××××××.name -- 「塵も積もれば山となる。」 "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb