From: Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several packages failing to build
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 12:31:27
1 On Monday, May 14, 2018 12:20:01 PM CDT Elijah Mark Anderson wrote:
2 > I'm having an issue with about a dozen packages not upgrading. I'd really
3 > appreciate some help getting them to build and install. I'm getting the
4 > feeling that the problems are somehow related, but really not sure.
5 >
6 > First up: dev-libs/appstream-0.11.5::gentoo
7 > Anyone know what's going on here? This package is blocking at least 5 other
8 > packages from upgrading, and I find the information in the logs only
9 > slightly more helpful than WIndows "Something went wrong" errors.
10 > --
11 > Elijah Mark Anderson
12 > mark@××××××.name
13 > --
14 > 「塵も積もれば山となる。」
15 > "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb
16
17 After remembering that I was running emerge with MAKEOPTS="-j9", I was finally
18 able to find the actual error messages. It appears that /usr/include/boost/
19 spirit/home/qi.hpp went missing, probably during the recent move from my
20 mechanical drive to my solid state drives. Re-emerged dev-libs/boost, and that
21 solved the rest of the failing packages!
24 Elijah Mark Anderson
25 mark@××××××.name
26 --
27 「塵も積もれば山となる。」
28 "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb