From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia driver surprise
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 15:03:33
1 181028 Davyd McColl wrote:
2 >> 181028 Philip Webb : Perhaps I should buy a more upto-date graphics card.
3 > Or perhaps go team red. Personally, I've had enough of team green's drivers.
4 > My 660ti is still working fine, but if it dies, I think I'm going red.
5 > you can't be held hostage with binary blobs. And they're cheaper.
6
7 Sorry, I don't understand your red/green code.
8
9 >> Upgrade to the 1050 or so and you won’t have to upgrade for years.
10 >> I am still on my GTX 980 since 2015.
11
12 I looked at my local store (Canada Computers, College St, Toronto)
13 & they offer an Asus GeForce GT1030 LP for CAD 120 :
14 it runs at 1228 MHz & has 2 GB memory @ 3004 MHz with 64-bit i/face.
15 My mobo is an Asus M5A97 AMD, which I bought 3 years ago .
16
17 Does anyone see a problem using this card with Nvidia & my mobo ?
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca