From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:57:29
1 lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 02 May 2006 06:05 am, Tero Grundström wrote:
3 >> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, wu chuanwen wrote:
4 >> > Hi! Everybody!
5 >> > I think most of us are using firefox now .Do you think it's too slow?In
6 >> > my machine,if i open 6 or more tabs in firefox,my firefox will be stuck
7 >> > and even can not scroll up and down.Many peple have the same situation.Do
8 >> > you think so? And how can you solve this problem?
9 >>
10 >> Well, I recently switched to the binary version and to my surprise I
11 >> found that it is much faster than the self compiled version. Especially
12 >> the interface is much more responsive in the binary version. I don't know
13 >> how it could be. Makes me really wonder where else I'm loosing speed on
14 >> Gentoo...
15 >
16 > How did you "switch to a binary version?"
17
18 Person, why are you asking all those questions? Why don't you
19 simply *think*, hm?
20
21 As you HAVE TO know, there's a -bin version of mozilla-firefox.
22 You DO KNOW, because
23
24 http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=mozilla-firefox
25
26 shows you.
27
28 > How did you do that?
29
30 With emerge.
31
32 > I didn't know
33 > you could use emerge and not compile it.
34
35 Too bad for you.
36
37 Alexander Skwar
38 --
39 BOFH Excuse #141:
40
41 disks spinning backwards - toggle the hemisphere jumper.
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list