From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vBulletin site causes Konqueror to hang
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 01:55:19
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Tuesday 02 March 2010 23:53:29 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> without looking at that site - is there any flash stuff? What about
5 >>> javascript? nspluginviewer is still a bitch - and buggy js can cause a
6 >>> tremendous amount of cpu load.
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >> Not knowing the site either, my weather radar site locks up when loading
11 >> the radar. It does this on Seamonkey, Firefox and a couple others BUT
12 >> Konqueror doesn't lock up at all. It doesn't animate any more tho but
13 >> it used to work fine. I think KDE 4 as a issue or I have a setting
14 >> wrong somewhere I do know the weather site uses java so most likely
15 >> java is causing the "issue". It to uses a lot of CPU when loading.
16 >>
17 >> So, it may be java or it could be something else. I went to the site
18 >> you linked, it seemed to work fine with Seamonkey 2. It also worked in
19 >> Firefox and Konqueror. Is there a specific thing that you go to or just
20 >> the site in general? I wasn't logged in, just browsing as a guest.
21 >>
22 > No java at all. I did forget to mention the two things that provoke it, there
23 > always one of them immediately before a crash:
24 >
25 > click on a link or go to next page
26 > click "post reply" after composing a response
30 I did click around on the site earlier but I'm not registered to do
31 anything else. I just went back and tried to navigate a bit more. I
32 went to a thread then clicked to go back to the main page. Dicks hat
33 band could not have done it better. That thing locked up like a whore
34 on the front row. lol It was a 53% loading and trying to get something
35 that is 18.9Kib. It's been a couple minutes now and it is still sitting
36 there. I'm thinking that only a kill -9 will make this "whore" move
37 again. Please excuse my humor.
38
39 So, whatever it is, it affects us both. This is what I have:
40
41 root@smoker ~ # eselect java-vm list
42 Available Java Virtual Machines:
43 [1] sun-jdk-1.5 system-vm
44 [2] sun-jdk-1.6
45
46 !!! Warning: VMs marked as Build Only may contain Security
47 Vulnerabilities and/or be EOL.
48 !!! Warning: Gentoo recommends not setting these VMs as either your
49 System or User VM.
50 !!! Warning: Please see http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/java.xml#build-only
51 for more information.
52 root@smoker ~ # eselect java-nsplugin list
53 Available Java browser plugins
54 [1] sun-jdk-1.5
55 [2] sun-jdk-1.6 current
56 [3] sun-jdk-1.6-plugin2
57 root@smoker ~ #
60 Pardon the error message. Got to check into that I guess. Might be why
61 my weather site ain't working right.
62
63 Dale
64