From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Infrastructure?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 11:28:23
1 On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 5:16 AM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Probably should clarify that I wasn't talking about patches. I just
3 > remember the big git migration and was wondering if the syncing process
4 > itself would be moved under anongit.gentoo.org at some point so that we
5 > could avoid relying on github (per social contact thingy)
8 Everything hosted on gentoo.org currently lacks metadata. I'm sure
9 somebody could create a repo there which contains the same content as
10 the repos on github, but I'm not sure if Gentoo's infra is set up to
11 handle that load, and there is no mirror network. In any case, I'm
12 not aware of anybody working on such a project.
16 Rich