From: Amankwah <amankwah7@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:19:12
1 On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 08:32:22PM +0100, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for "the best" filesystem for a small multi-purpose
5 > server with a couple of services running (ftp, web, mail, mysql).
6 > For me very important features are:
7 >
8 > snapshot (will be used for backup, must be native without lvm)
9 > journaling
10 > resizeable (if possible online)
11 >
12 > After a little research I have found two candidates:
13 > JFS (created by IBM)
14 > XFS (created by SGI)
15 >
16 > Now without trying to start flame-war, my question is:
17 > which of them could be better for my need?
18 > More stable, more reliable, more efficient, etc.
19 > Or should I consider some different filesystem?
20 >
21 > Jarry
24 I was using XFS£¬but the *rm* is a nightmare. so I suggust you to try
25 JFS, if your server need to remove files frequently. but i use
26 ext4/reiserfs now. and the btrfs is worth trying.