From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Developmnet Environment for PHP and PERL
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:15:24
1 Am Dienstag, den 08.11.2005, 19:07 -0500 schrieb Thomas Tuttle:
2 > On November 08 at 13:33 EST, Michael Shaw hastily scribbled:
3 > > What editor do people use for PHP and Perl development. I'm looking for
4 > > something with syntax highlighting and such, so that rules ut vi or gedit.
5 > I can offer three suggestions:
6 >
7 > 1. vim. If you set it up right (just a few lines in ~/.vimrc), it will
8 > do syntax highlighting properly.
9 >
10 > 2. jedit. It's java-based, but relatively light, supports many file
11 > types (although it is a tad Java-centric), and has good plugins.
12
13 Want to second jEdit for it's platform independency and many nice
14 plugins.
17 > 3. bluefish. It's not language-centric, but I *think* it has PHP
18 > support (I might be wrong), and it's a good "web development" editor.
19 >
20 > Hope this helps.
23 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
24