From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Progress made, not done yet Re: All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:03:56
1 On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > >> AddHandler cgi-script cgi py
4 > >>
5 > > Thanks, Kyle, you've been getting me closer and closer.
6 > > If I'm starting to "get" the new stuff, AddHandler declares certain
7 > > extensions. Up until last month, extensions were not required, and in
8 > fact
9 > > my CGI programs have never had them. It used to be enough to use
10 > > ScriptAlias, and put an executable in the directory. If it was a script
11 > > with a shebang, or a compiled ELF program all was well. If I were going
13 > > use extensions, it would be .py or possibly .python, not .cgi or .pl.
14 >
15 > I totally meant to have it be py instead of pl, I guess pounding away
16 > at perl all day yesterday warped my mind.
17 >
18 > It can have that effect :o)
19
20 As near as I can tell from the logs, my problems started during a re-emerge
21 of
22 apache, not a new version (reasons unknown -- portage seems to be doing that
23 more than I'm used to). I've started to wonder if I didn't just screw up
24 the usual
25 config file stuff I do with dispatch-conf, not realizing zapping the new
26 would be
27 best. Anyway, I'm going to be exploring.
28
29 Do you have cgi working on apache2 (2.2.15), and if so, how things are
30 arranged?
31
32 I'll be trying to make a cgi out of a hello world in C, to see if my current
33 config
34 can CGI at all. If not, I'll be trying to back out config changes. What a
35 mess!
40 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD