From: zhangweiwu@××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] share control rights to a daemon by both root and another user
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 15:59:44
1 Me as root user of a server wish to share the control privilege (to
2 start and stop) a daemon with another non-root user and find it
3 difficult. The requirement: 1) either me or him can start the daemon
4 then stop it; 2) he can stop the daemon started by me; 3) I can stop the
5 daemon started by him.
6
7 3) is very easy because I am root; 1) is also easy, difficult part is 2).
8
9 I first thought of setting the process suid and make him owner of the
10 executable. However I found if I do so, the process starts with his
11 privilege while belonging to me, he could not signal the processes of mine.
12
13 Is the requirement 2 possible with Linux? How?
14
15 If the problem can be solved giving the setting two users both are not
16 root, the solution would be even more preferable.
17
18 Thanks in advance!
21 Real Softservice
22
23 Huateng Tower, Unit 1788
24 Jia 302 3rd area of Jinsong, Chao Yang
25
26 Tel: +86 (10) 8773 0650 ext 603
27 Mobile: 159 1111 7382
28 http://www.realss.com