From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Convincing portage...
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 04:17:11
1 On Feb 3, 2012 10:03 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I treid the jack-audio-connection as supported by portage and had no
6 > success at all with my hardware. I didn't find the reason, why it
7 > alwasys killed itself after a short time.
8 >
9 > With JACK 1.9.8 (jack2) installed from source it works.
10 >
11 > I had to emerge -C jack-audio-connection for that.
12 >
13 > Now emerge/portage thinks, that jack-audio-connection-kit is missing
14 > of course...
15 >
16 > I dont want to use layman or similiar.
17 >
18 > How can I convince portage in a "legal way" that this dependency is
19 > satisfied?
20 >
21 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
24 /etc/portage/package.provided?
25
26 Rgds,