From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In which order services are started?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:01:48
1 On Tuesday 20 April 2010 20:28:42 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:47:55 +0200, Jarry wrote:
3 > > Is there any way to find out in which order services are
4 > > started during boot-up (except for looking at boot-up
5 > > screen and making notes)?
6 >
7 > You could turn on boot logging in rc.conf and look at
8 > /var/log/rc.log.
9
10 I think Jarry wanted to know what to tweak to change the order. I wanted
11 to know this as well not long ago, but I didn't have the energy to chase
12 it. (I wanted gpm to be started earlier in the sequence but without
13 putting it in the boot run level.)
16 Rgds
17 Peter.