From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networking Issue
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:05:03
1 On Thursday 25 October 2007, Jonathan Haws wrote:
2 > I am running Gentoo on a Sager NP5560 and am having a nightmare getting
3 > the networking to work right. I finally have the Intel 2915ABG card
4 > working just fine, but I cannot seem to get the Ethernet to work at all.
5 > I have configured it for DHCP and it will not get an address. I have
6 > other systems on the same network that get DHCP addresses just fine
7 > (WinXP and Suse Linux). Here are some specs:
11 > Kernel: 2.6.20.1
12 >
13 > Gentoo Linux
14 >
15 > Ethernet card: Realtek card using r8169 module
19 > Any ideas? The /etc/conf.d/net file is very basic. All is has is
20 > config_eth1=("dhcp") then the wireless stuff. I could get eth1 to work
21 > if I manually assigned an address, but now that doesn't work either.
22 > Any help is appreciated.
23 You're sure that the Ethernet card is eth1 and not eth0?
24 --
25 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
27 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!