From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sansa Clip+ no device for expansion card
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:44:18
1 I just got a Sansa Clip+ and when I plug it into my gentoo box, it sees
2 the device as mass-storage, creates /dev/sdc, and I can mount it as vfat
3 and put songs on it. That's all fine.
4
5 However, I put an expansion micro-SD card into it. The player sees it
6 fine. When I plug the player into my Mac, it puts two devices on the
7 desktop. When I plug it into my Linux box, /var/log/messages only lists
8 /dev/sdc (not /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd as I expected) being created.
9
10 I can plug another USB device in and /dev/sdd is created, so there's
11 nothing keeping the system from creating /dev/sdd. I have it's USB
12 mode set to MSC.
13
14 What else could be keeping it from seeing the expansion card?
17 -M
18
19 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
20 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.