From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcam ? Help me please...
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:07:11
1 bn <brullonulla@×××××.com> [09-07-25 15:46]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de ha scritto:
3 > > Thank you for the hint. The programm says "unable to capture image".
4 > > Executing it as root does the same.
5 >
6 > Very strange.
7 >
8 > > ffmpeg could capture a video stream from my webcam, so the cam is not
9 > > the problem...
10 >
11 > Have you tried good old mplayer ? It can play the stream from your
12 > webcam just fine and it's very configurable.
13 > See:
14 >
15 > http://brainwagon.org/2007/01/16/viewing-a-v4l-webcam-with-mplayer/
16 >
17 > (first google hit)
18 >
19 > m.
20
21 Hmmmm...tried that, but cannot tweak the resolution above 176x144...
22 That is VERY small...
23
24 The resolution given in the commandline is for the output device
25 (software scaled)...
26
27 Nay idea how to do this with mplayer?
28
29 M. (also :)
33 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
34 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
35 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
36 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.