From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 2 months into an 8-month computation.
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 16:57:59
1 On 2019-07-12, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 11/07/2019 20:59, Alan Grimes wrote:
3 >> 'ey, I have the 2.3 months into an 8-month computation blues...
5 >> So basically all gentoo updates will have to be done at the end of this
6 >> run, I'm not really sure when, sometime in the December-January timeframe.
7 >
8 > I guess you should have written your code in a way that can store
9 > current state so that it can resume.
10
11 No kidding. Isn't "how to use checkpoint files" lesson number zero
12 when you start working on long-running computational jobs?
15 Grant