From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to properly change CFLAGS ?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:04:27
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 22 August 2006 05:18, Richard Fish wrote:
3 >>> I see the point in this. (AFAIK there is no way to break up "emerge -e
4 >>> xy" into smaller pieces, something to do in several separated steps.
5 >> Actually there is. You can find all packages not compiled with -Os
6 >> and rebuild them with something like:
7 >
8 > [SNIP]
9 >
10 > Just wanted to add that another approach for emerging the packages that are
11 > used the most could be found in [1]. Be replacing splitdebug with "\-Os" and
12 > FEATURES with CFLAGS the script in the sixth post will allow you to emerge all
13 > packages that any application that you specify belongs to or is linked against
14 > but which isn't already emerged with -Os.
15 >
16 > [1] http://groups.google.com/group/linux.gentoo.user/tree/browse_frm/thread/939e2c14eb49af8f/b8731194c759d361
19 Thanks a lot for that pointer, I will give it a try.
20 A very helpful thread for me, thanks ...
21
22 Stefan.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list