From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB random disconnections in VB Win10 VM
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 21:08:47
1 On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:58 AM Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thursday, 14 July 2022 18:42:10 BST Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > > Does anyone have experience with what causes random USB disconnects in a
5 > > Virtualbox VM and possibly how to fix them?
6
7 <SNIP>
10 > I don't recall having noticed a similar problem with different USB
11 devices on a
12 > Win10 VM here, but just in case have you checked USB power saving
13 settings?
14 >
15 > https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices
16
17 Michael,
18 I had all basic power management completely disabled in the VM.
19
20 I did not know about the USB Selective Suspend feature. After a reboot I
21 thought it might have helped but about 4 minutes after starting the app it
22 once again says connection interrupted.
23
24 Still looking,
25 Mark