From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] phonon reports my audio device is not available
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:08:06
1 Xi Shen wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Bartosz Szatkowski<bulislaw@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> You can check if You have "alsasound" in your boot rc ... Iam not quite
5 >> sure if its necessary to be in boot (maybe default would do) but i have
6 >> boot and its working quite good :)
9 > i figured it out. i changed my kde splash theme, then i got this
10 > notification. i changed my theme back to default, and the notification
11 > disappeared.
12 >
13 > now, my question is what's wrong with that splash theme...
18 I get a sound error to. Things that are not KDE work fine but KDE stuff
19 has a problem with sound. K3b just sort of burps at me instead of
20 playing the sounds it used to. Some of the other programs have similar
21 issues. Now smplayer works just fine. No errors and it plays sound
22 just fine.
23
24 I haven't changed my themes in a good while. I have changed kernels and
25 such tho. Nothing affected the sound tho.
26
27 Dale
28