From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} method for graphing server stuff?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:57:13
1 On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 09:24 -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > I was thinking it would be pretty handy to generate a series of
3 > transposed (or not) graphs for data like cpu usage, mysql usage,
4 > memory usage, external monitoring response times, http traffic, etc.
5 > My external monitoring service has an API I can hook into and http
6 > traffic is logged to mysql so I'm thinking I have good access to the
7 > data, but I need a way to tie it all together into a useful
8 > presentation. Is there a good package for this?
9 >
10 > - Grant
11
12 In my previous response I thought you were looking more for a
13 monitoring/graphing tool. For just graphing data I've had some success
14 with matplotlib at work. It's an open source, pythonic version of matlab
15 which, depending on your thoughts regarding Python and Matlab, may or
16 may not appeal to you.
17
18 -a
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list