From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From /etc/locale.build to /etc/locale.gen
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:23:10
1 Hey Emilio,
2
3 > I should upgrade /etc/locale.build to /etc/locale.gen.
4
5 that's right, you should.
6
7 > I did not find anything about this upgrade.
8
9 glibc has been warning about this for a very long time (>year, I guess)
10 during emerge. glibc-2.6.1 is the first stable version to fail if the
11 user hasn't upgraded yet.
12
13 > Is it a matter of name changing only?
14
15 No.
16
17 $ cat /etc/locale.gen
18 # /etc/locale.gen: list all of the locales you want to have on your system
19 #
20 # The format of each line:
21 # <locale> <charmap>
22 #
23 # Where <locale> is a locale located in /usr/share/i18n/locales/ and
24 # where <charmap> is a charmap located in /usr/share/i18n/charmaps/.
25 #
26 # All blank lines and lines starting with # are ignored.
27 #
28 # For the default list of supported combinations, see the file:
29 # /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED
30 #
31 # Whenever glibc is emerged, the locales listed here will be automatically
32 # rebuilt for you. After updating this file, you can simply run `locale-gen`
33 # yourself instead of re-emerging glibc.
34
35 cs_CZ ISO-8859-2
36 en_US ISO-8859-1
37 ja_JP EUC-JP