From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with revdep-rebuild
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 02:03:56
1 On 08/13/10 23:50, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Massimiliano Ziccardi writes:
3 >
4 >> I'm trying to update my gentoo after a long time.
5 > That tends to be more problematic than regular updates.
6 >
7 >> I tried the update (emerge -uD world) but I got some problem about
8 >> conflicting and missing libraries, so I've uninstalled some software.
9 > portage 2.2 may ease these things, it does some automatic blocker
10 > resolution (does not work always for me, but most of the times). It is
11 > still masked, but people use it for far over a year now, and I did not
12 > read about big problems.
15 >> When it tries to emerge xfce4-panel it always gives this error during
16 >> the build process:
17 >>
18 >> /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la: No such file or directory
19 >>
20 >> I tried to re-emerge the libxfce4util package, but with no luck : that
21 >> file do not exists!!!
22 >>
23 >> Any idea?
24 > Maybe give 'lafilefixer --justfixit' a try? Emerge lafilefixer if you do
25 > not have it already.
26 >
27 > Have you read all he elog messages? They sometimes tell about additional
28 > manual steps that have to be done.
29 >
30 > Wonko
31 Well, on my system, that file does belong to libxfce4util:
32
33 jmoe@aus8617 ~ $ equery belongs /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la
34 [ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la in *... ]
35 xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.6.2 (/usr/lib/libxfce4util.la)
36
37 What does the screen say when it gets to the install phase of emerge?
38 Any errors there, especially with that file?
39
40 Jake Moe