From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 4G Stick Huawei E3276
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:06:35
1 On Friday 29 Mar 2013 14:10:02 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Greets!
3 >
4 > I have a new and shiny Huawei E3276 stick here and want to test it with
5 > my gentoo thinkpad running Gnome.
6 >
7 > I managed to get some /dev/ttyUSB0 .. the device is usb_modeswitch-ed
8 > automatically.
9 >
10 > I also added the modules "option" and "cdc_ncm" to my kernel config and
11 > the dmesg looks ok:
12 >
13 > # lsmod
14 > Module Size Used by
15 > option 26697 0
16 > usb_wwan 6886 1 option
17 > cdc_ncm 9365 0
18 > usbserial 23426 2 option,usb_wwan
19 > usbnet 19268 1 cdc_ncm
20 > crc32c_intel 13975 0
21 > i2c_i801 8765 0
22 > btusb 11699 0
23
24 You're missing module 'qmi_wwan'.
25
26 Trying adding this to your kernel and replug the device (or use modprobe -v
27 qmi_wwan).
28
29 PS. I don't have such a device to test here, so hope this will get you in the
30 right ball park.
31 --
32 Regards,
33 Mick