From: Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@×××××××.de>
To: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python, my nemesis
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 14:58:52
1 On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:41:17 +0200
2 Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > This is because your gentoolkit installed version has no support for
5 > python 3.9.
6
7 Yes, I must have been overlooking this all the time. That's why I came
8 here first (more/better eyes on the issue :-).
9
10 > You might be able to include gentoolkit in your emerge
11 > command, or you might need to build portage with python 3.8 support as
12 > well as 3.9. This type of problem might crop up for several other
13 > packages as you try to get python updated.
14
15 emerge -p1vUD @world
16
17 lists about 200 ports to rebuild now, without showing any other issues
18 ahead. I'll go for it (and keep my fingers crossed ;-). Thank you for
19 your support.
22 cu
23 Gerrit