From: David Morgan <david.morgan@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does (-win32codecs) mean Slots?
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:23:16
1 On 14:49 Wed 13 Jul , Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > But the use.mask-- even the correct one-- still does not lead to an
3 > explanation or documentation of what the mask of a USE flag actually
4 > means or what it means in this particular case (why this specific USE
5 > flag is masked under this specific profile), in such a way that one
6 > would know if it was something one had to learn to live with
7 > (definitively unresolveable), or was in some way "unmaskable". That's
8 > the original issue-- is there a way to compile mPlayer using this USE
9 > flag under this profile, or is there not? Normally, *.mask files seem to
10 > contain some explanation of the reason for the mask (even if only
11 > minimal), which is why I was looking through them, but here that does
12 > not seem to be the case. Does that mean that the OP is SOL?
15 My guess is that he's SOL. If I were in that situation I'd just edit
16 /usr/portage/profiles/base/use.mask and see if win32codecs will work on
17 that profile, and if they did they I'd try and figure out how to do it
18 properly.
19
20 I think there's a good chance that win32codecs just won't work with
21 uclibc though. You might be able to find the reason that it's masked on
22 bugzilla, in the gentoo-embedded archives or on google.
23
24 Dave
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list