From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:30:45
1 On Monday 20 December 2010 13:24:11 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday 20 December 2010 12:04:27 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > For the sake of the archives, I do need to correct you here.
4 > > With the current IP-numbers (IPv4) it's a 32-bit number, expressed as
5 > > four 8- bit numbers (A byte is 8 bit)
6 >
7 > Of course. Thanks for the correction. I should just have stuck with what
8 > I was going to write, instead of thinking about it :-(
9
10 No worries, as I said, the correction was for the sake of the archives.
11 You actually used the correct bit-count later on. :)
12
13 It is a bit tricky when thinking about bits and then writing it consistently
14 though, think IPv6 uses 128bits per address?
17 Joost