From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MS-Teams on XFCE4/Gentoo
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 07:34:08
1 On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 08:23:29 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > Do take note, the Linux version is lacking several features that the
4 > other "native" clients have. Notably:
5 > - Only 4 camera-views at the same time (instead of 9, I believe)
6 > - No background-blur or image
7 >
8 > This means, you only get to show your real background or leave the
9 > camera off/ covered.
10
11 I worked around this is Jitsi (it has background blur but not
12 replacement) by using OBS Studio, which does all this and much, much
13 more. With the plugin from media-video/obs-v4l2sink it creates a new
14 "camera" with its output. That's a standard-looking /dev/videoX device
15 and can be used with any software.
16
17 It's a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut just to get background
18 replacement bit it works well and I already had it installed from
19 something else.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional!!