From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 04:46:39
1 On Tuesday, October 07, 2014 09:18:04 PM Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 20:26:42 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > > I still use Konqueror as file manager, ssh/ftp/webdav client and
4 > > > occasionally as an Internet browser. However, I have set it up to
5 use
6 > > > WebKit as its browser engine instead of KHTML.
7 > >
8 > > Why not use Dolphin as file manager?
9 >
10 > Because neither it nor Krusader is anywhere near as flexible. I still
11 > consider the introduction of Dolphin to be a major backwards step of
12 KDE4.
13
14 I think that's personal preference.
15 I like Dolphin as it allows me to quickly switch to network shares (of
16 different types) from the left of the window.
17
18 Konqueror only shows the files and folders, not the "Places". And I haven't
19 found an option to add those (or something similar)
20
21 How do I configure Konqueror to give me a similar view?
24 Joost