From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't print from firefox, but CUPS says OK, also poppler
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:23:55
1 At Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:59:50 +0200 Morten Holt <thawk@××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> At Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:18:58 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> For some reason printing from firefox has stopped working.
7 >>> When I ^P or file-->print and select a printer (there are two),
8 >>> the "print" button is greyed out. With "print to file", the button is
9 >>> live and the pdf file is successfully created
10 >>>
11 >>> I can print via lpr.
12 >>>
13 >>> If, in firefox, I goto localhost:631 (the cups home page on this machine),
14 >>> I can print test pages to either machine.
15 >>>
16 >>> Is there a way I can ask firefox to tell me why the print button is
17 >>> greyed out?
18 >>
19 >> Some further information.
20 >> Evince has the same situation, "print" is greyed out.
21 > Sounds like the same issue I have, do you get log entries like:
22 > Request from "localhost" using invalid Host: field "::1"
23 > in /var/log/cups/error_log?
24 >
25 > If you find a solution to this, please let me know here, I can't seem to
26 > find a solution to the issue, and appearantly nobody has any ideas.
27
28 Sorry I didn't notice your msg earlier.
29 My issue was fixed with a version bump to cups.
30 Do you still have trouble with 1.3.10-r1.
31
32 allan