From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] eclipse portage package
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 04:02:14
1 I was checking to see what version of eclipse seems to have a portage package,
2 and I was kinda shocked that the package seems a bit outdated. 3.4 is the
3 current portage package, but eclipse has been at 3.5 for a good while now.
4 Seeing as the eclipse website has a linux binary 3.5+ package, unless I've
5 overlooked something available from gentoo (I would be overjoyed to have made
6 that mistake) then I'm going to be forced to see how to coax portage to allow me
7 to use that eclipse site binary package to sub for ALL eclipse packages.
8
9 Anyone know how to get portage to make externally supplied binaries to supply
10 portage eclipse dependencies? All of the huge number of eclipse plugins can be
11 done without using portage just fine, but the eclipse itself, that I would
12 really rather use a portage ebuild for installation.