From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openssh-7.1_p1-r2 won't allow "nxserver" to connect
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:22:29
1 On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 08:54:38 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > The only software that uses ssh-dss key and I need is nxserver.
4 >
5 > I just added a line to my: sshd_config
6 > PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes=+ssh-dss
7
8 You should add this to a Host section, so it only enables the wek
9 encryption for that host.
10
11 > restarted "sshd and nxserver" but I nxserver still doesn't work,
12 > running: nxsetup --test (I get):
13 >
14 > ----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
15 > Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
16 > Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.
17
18 That doesn't look like the error you get from an unsupported key, which
19 is something like
20
21 Unable to negotiate with x.x.x.x: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-dss
22
23 Is nxserver trying to connect as root? It looks more like the disabling
24 of passworded root logins in OpenSSH.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 What do you get if you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and adyslexic?
31 Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.