From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet radio?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:04:14
1 On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:03:41 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> > My dad has one of those portable internet radios, I don't know the
5 >> > name but it works well and he seems to be pleased with it. (As long as
6 >> > you're in wifi range)
7 >
8 >> So is it the same company? I remember it being the same guys. I'm
9 >> thinking maybe they dropped the product.
10 >
11 > Several companies make Internet/Wi-Fi enabled radios. Google for wifi
12 > internet radio.
15 > --
16 > Neil Bothwick
17
18 Thanks. That shows it was Roku I was thinking of and not SlingMedia.
19
20 Roku make the SoundBridge Radio. I guess what I'd be looking for in
21 portage is something similar in software. Amarok 2 looks interesting.
22 MAybe the autounmerge will give me a better idea what I'm up against
23 to build it.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Mark