From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [X11] radeonhd not working
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:05:55
1 On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 19:35, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Andrey Vul wrote:
3 >
4 >> The real question here is why isn't radeon-ucode a dependency of
5 >> xf86-video-radeonhd ?
6 >
7 > Well, the radeon-ucode is only for r6xx/7xx chips so pulling it in for
8 > r5xx would be pointless... I just noticed that you have a radeon hd4200
9 > which is a RS880 chip. Not sure if this is supported yet. Does
10 > acceleration (2D/3D) work for you?
11
12 According to git, all the r7xx except for rs880 are on the
13 working/testing list. Which sucks, tbh: why did I bother to get
14 integrated when I could've gotten a better motherboard (with 1394
15 support) and a $50 graphics card?
16
17 What's the point of getting acceleration to work if the kernel can't
18 modeset correctly? Is it worth compiling radeon_drm + r700 fw into the
19 kernel?