From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: heat codes
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 05:40:46
1 On Thursday 26 February 2015 19:48:06 Dale wrote:
2
3 > While it has been a while since I used gkrellm to monitor a remote
4 > system, I use it every day to monitor my system I sit at. Keep in
5 > mind, not much changes on how gkrellm works. It looks for
6 > temp/fan/CPU/memory etc info and displays it. I'm not sure it
7 > requires a whole lot of updating to do that especially given it has
8 > worked fine here for ages and not much has really changed.
9
10 Yes, I have two instances of it running permanently too. Though I think
11 James is right too, in that it does still have the odd bug.
12
13 > It was the remote part that I wasn't sure about. I know it used to
14 > have that feature and if it still does, the remote part works just
15 > like the local part does. You just tell it to monitor something
16 > other than the system you are sitting at.
17
18 $ gkrellm -s <host>
19
20 Then set it up the same way as you would the local one. KDE even knows
21 to restart it along with other progs, which is more than can be said for
22 Chromium.
25 Rgds
26 Peter.