From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Routing problem ?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:51:07
1 Holla <holla.net@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Jan 11, 2008 8:09 PM, YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> one other thing, if nat doesn't work, some wireless aps (i'm thinking
6 >> about the 192.168.2.1) need to have correctly set up default gateway
7 >> etc... they sometimes try to be to smart and I had sometimes problems
8 >> when the router was connected as a wireless client to them...
9 >
10 > Can you give some clues about what you mean by correctly setup gw ?
11
12 Hey guys... it would help if you trim your posts so there isn't so
13 much in each message.
14
15 By correct gateway I think in this case it would be the inward facing
16 address of pc1 (192.168.2.43) so on router2 you would set the gw to
17 that address.
18 And on pc2 the gw would be 192.168.2.1. That is unless router2 is
19 just a WAP (wireless access point).
20
21 But I'm not sure I understand all of this. It might be good to
22 include the make of the routers (even model number might matter).
23
24 Excuse me if this info is already in these monster size messages
25 somewhere but:
26 If you redo the diagram please include this information:
27 make and model of router2
28 What OS is running on pc1 and pc2
29
30 Annotate in one line what gateways are set at the various points.
31
32 The adsl router make and model may not matter too much.
36 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list