From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scan for network devices by IP and time?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:07:14
1 A nice program for generating hosts list [amongst many other features]
2 is nast, try nast -m for a host list.
3 You could also look at Nessus which while being a vuln scanner it will
4 probably provide simpler information that you are after.
5 As for having it monitor and report times at which something new
6 enters the network I dont know, if you can get an output from a method
7 then you can start comparing log files but you are into scripting your
8 own at this point.
9
10 stu
11