From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Choice of TLD for internal network
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 17:28:21
1 On 2017-12-18 08:56, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > You should probably buy a TLD.
4
5 (Understood that you mean "buy a domain".)
6
7 I'd like to remind everyone (again?) of FreeDNS (aka afraid.org). You
8 can get a 3rd level name free, and then subdivide that as you like.
9 They won't _delegate_ to you (unless you pay), so it's still just a
10 private namespace invisible from the outside, but you avoid the risk of
11 clashing with someone else's registered domain.
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.