From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem upgrading kernel from 2.6.25.1to 2.6.26_rc1
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:54:12
1 2008/5/14 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2 > On Wednesday 14 May 2008, Marko Koci� wrote:
3 >
4 > > > Perhaps the output of dmesg and the relevant bits of messages from
5 > > > the init process will be required here
6 > >
7 > > Yes, I'll have to digg more to fix this. I just hoped that there is
8 > > some easy/fast
9 > > solution that I didn't know of :(
10 > > It is going to be a fun week ;(, hopefully not the weekend ;)
11 >
12 > Here's my advice:
13 >
14 > start over :-)
15 >
16 > Using a .24 config works to build .25 - I have done it, so I think
17 > something just went bellyup on yours.
18
19 It worked for me too. I had similar problem when upgrading from 25 to 25.1,
20 but it seems like it was enough to fast scan through menus in menuconfig,
21 change nothing, just save config, and rebuild.
22 瞱z鉉羞 z{h��言%