From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching from Seamonkey to Firefox and Thunderbird
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 23:02:39
1 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2018-01-05 15:04, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Without this, I'll have to copy and paste all the links I want to
5 >> open. That is just not a good option. No matter which way I go,
6 >> something is broken.
7 > You can write a script that takes the contents of the clipboard [1],
8 > possibly makes sure it is a valid URL, and then runs firefox with that
9 > arg the way you want (ie. specific profile and new tab inside existing
10 > instance, I'm sure firefox can do it if palemoon can).
11 >
12 > Then bind the script to a short key sequence using your favorite desktop
13 > environment method. Now, to follow a link from from thunderbird, do
15 > It is longer than a single click, but not prohibitively so, IMO.
16 >
17 > [1] the xclip program is handy for that
20 Well, I switched back to Seamonkey.  At this point, I may just have to
21 find a new password tool to use.  LastPass did all I wanted and then
22 some but since it no longer works in Seamonkey, I've got to find
23 something that will.  I still have the problem of some sites not working
24 but that doesn't happen to often.
25
26 Dale
27