From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge world, Python, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 18:05:59
1 On 2020.12.10 12:30, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Quick question - an "emerge world" produces heaps of work due
4 > to Python 3.7 -> 3.8. Is 3.8 around for a while or are we kicking
5 > over to 3.9 in the next week or so? In other words, is it worth doing
6 > the 3.8 upgrade or waiting for 3.9?
7 >
8 > Thoughts greatly appreciated,
9 >
10 > Andrew
11 I'm going on the assumption that waiting might save some compile time,
12 but the headaches, including remembering what and what not to update
13 yet, are not worth the effort. You might get a better feel by reading
14 the relevant posts in the dev mailing list, but my sense is there is no
15 reason to expect the next switch to move any more quickly than this one.
16
17 Jack