From: karlos <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gecko error with firefox and nvidia driver
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:57:59
1 Hello list!
2
3 I get the following error whenever I try to use the 'nvidia' driver (the
4 proprietary one) with X and firefox, say, when entering site that use java
5 or flash etc.. Using the open source driver solves the problem, but I can
6 not get direct rendering to work properly then. I also tried several
7 versions of hte driver, plus re-compiled gecko.. no joy.
8
9 The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
10 This probably reflects a bug in the program.
11 The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
12 (Details: serial 84 error_code 8 request_code 149 minor_code 3)
13 (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
14 that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
15 To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
16 option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
17 backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
18 firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (1)
19
20 would anyone know what causes this to happen?
21
22 thanks,
23
24 KArsten