From: michael@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to read raw mouse events
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:16:49
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a headless embedded Gentoo system. I'm using an optical mouse to
4 detect rotation of a wheel. I don't need to know how fast or in what
5 direction, but I do need to know whether it is turning or not.
6
7 As it is headless, I have not bothered to install X. I'm diskless, so I
8 don't have lots of memory to waste. (I'm running out of a 256M CF card.)
9
10 I expect that somewhere in the chain of drivers I can tap into a stream
11 of bytes coming from the mouse, and that if the mouse stops moving that
12 stream stops. Or otherwise changes.
13
14 Can anyone suggest where I should start looking for how to do this?
15
16 Thanks,
17 Michael
18 --