From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openssh-7.1_p1-r2 won't allow "nxserver" to connect
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:15:12
1 On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:27:27 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > >> ----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
4 > >> Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
5 > >> Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.
6 > >
7 > > That doesn't look like the error you get from an unsupported key,
8 > > which is something like
9 > >
10 > > Unable to negotiate with x.x.x.x: no matching host key type found.
11 > > Their offer: ssh-dss
12 > >
13 > > Is nxserver trying to connect as root? It looks more like the
14 > > disabling of passworded root logins in OpenSSH.
15 >
16 > Here is my sshd_config: (nxserver works with openssh-6.9_p1-r2)
17 > As soon as I upgrade to openssh-7, enable:
18 > PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes=+ssh-dss
19 >
20 > restart: sshd
21 > and nxserver gives me an error message (like above).
22
23 Which has nothing to do with keys
24
25 > Yes, I'm running "nxsetup --test" as root.
26
27 and everything to do with this. While the use of DSS keys may cause a
28 problem, you haven't reached that point yet because the default config
29 not blocks root logins. Add "PermitRootLogin without-password" to your
30 config.
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 The computer revolution is over. The computers won.