From: Alvin A ONeal Jr <coolaj86@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: where to put mknod?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:45:13
1 Assuming that you have udev, take a look in here:
2 /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
3
4 and you should see
5 KERNEL="ippp0", NAME="%k", GROUP="tty"
6
7 perhaps when you upgraded ppp* changed to ippp*?
8
9 you could try changing the configuration of the program you're using to
10 use ippp* if this is the case.
13 Perhaps the more appropriate question would be:
14
15 How do I use udev to symlink /dev/ippp0 to /dev/ppp?
16 or
17 How do I use udev to create a custom node for /dev/ppp?
18
19 This seems to be implied by others who have posted, but scanning through
20 I didn't see anyone give an example of this.
23 8^)
24 Laterz-
25 ~Alvin
26 http://CoolAJ86.Havenite.net
27
28 ---
29 It is very possible that you will achieve greatness in your lifetime.

coolaj86.vcf text/x-vcard