From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] K3b does not find burning device
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:09:59
1 On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:26 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > K3b suddenly cannot find any burning device of my system.
6 > Hald is running. vlc can acces the drive for playing dvds.
7 > kdebase-runtime-meta is installed. k3b was recompiled without
8 > problems. The Configuration dialog of k3b states for both
9 > kind of drives "none". And me? I have really no idea, what
10 > is happening here. Previously it works perfectly and I dont
11 > know when its stops working, since I dont burn dvds that often.
12 >
13 > Wgat can I do?
14 >
15 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
16
17 Hi,
18
19 What if you run k3b as root? Can it see it then? Maybe it's a permissions issue.